BENS Server – Digitization of documents
- BENS Virtual Server (for VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V, others by arrangement)
- BENS Hardware Appliance
- BENS Lite
- BENS PP Spool (virtual for VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V)
- BENS as an Output Management System certified by SAP (OMS according to BC-XOM 4.0)
BENS as virtual server
The virtual BENS server is used:
- For customers who have a virtualized environment (VMWare, HyperV or other).
- For customers who use the BENS Server as a Printserver for large printer landscapes – from 50 to several hundred printers.
The virtual BENS Server is scalable. The system can be provided with any available resources:
- Processor cores
- Hard disk memory
BENS Hardware Appliance
The hardware appliance is used:
- For customers who do not have a virtualized environment.
- For customers who use the BENS Hardware Server as a Printserver for up to 50 printers and prefer a hardware solution over a virtual solution. The hardware appliance can be coupled with a second hardware appliance for failover in the so-called master / slave network. If the master fails, the slave automatically takes over the productive operation. The administrator receives an e-mail notification of the incident.
BENS Lite is a small, cost-effective hardware appliance for decentralized use. Typical areas of application are branch offices to which prepared print data is transmitted from the head office. The data can be compressed by a plugin on a virtual BENS server in the head office before the transmission to the branch office and decompressed in the branch office by the BENS Lite plugin. With the BENS Lite Printserver, up to 5 printers can be operated. Some functions of the BENS Hardware Appliance are not supported (e.g. Hotfolder).
BENS PP Spool (virtual only)
BENS PP Spool is based on the BENS virtual Server and provides an operator interface for the administration of print jobs for production machines, among others
- Display of page numbers of incoming print jobs (PCL5, PCLXL, Postscript, PDF, IPDS, AFP)
- Display of job info
- Display of print preview for PCL5, PCLXL, Postscript and PDF files
- Sorting of print jobs according to various criteria
- Multiple selection of print jobs for the same processing type
- Cloning and renaming of print jobs
- Manual and automatic archiving of print jobs without printing
- Reactivating print jobs from the archive
- Delayed printing
- Job tickets with processing instructions for a print job (e.g. stapling)
- Display and exchange of job parameters by the operator (e.g. change of tray numbers)
- Free choice of the target printer by the operator
- Reprint on any target printer
- Reprint with page accuracy (page from … to)
- Current printer display information (e.g. status, low paper, etc.).
- Current printer page counter and continuous display of the actually printed pages
BENS as an Output Management System certified by SAP (OMS according to BC-XOM 4.0).
The external Output Management System (OMS) takes over the administration of the print jobs created by the SAP system and reports their current status back to the SAP system.
The plugin “BENS OMS/BC-XOM” implements the BC-XOM interface defined by SAP together with the extension for the administration of SAP printers outside of the SAP system, i.e. that every printer created on the BENS is automatically also created on the SAP system. The SAP printers can be created, listed, changed or deleted via the BENS interface. An import function of printers with their properties from Excel is additionally implemented, so that the creation and administration of large printer landscapes is enormously facilitated.
The printers defined in the SAP system use the connection type) “E”.
All other features of the BENS Server (filters, plugins, process automations) can be used together with the OMS.